Friday, February 2, 2007

Waiting...

So the packing in Arizona is well under way, but I'm ready to be off. I cleaned off my desk in my graduate student office, sent a farewell (for now) message to my disseration committee, promised them a revised draft in two weeks, and am now officially one of those doctoral candidates who aren't "around". Last night I packed up the things in my apartment that I can't/don't want to take to Mexico and arranged to have them picked up by a charity group's truck. It was a little surreal. The two guys who arrived managed to haul everything off in about 5 minutes, all the while aggresively debating each other's intellectual capacity. Unpleasant and fast! It was a little like seeing the last 10-15 years erased in a few minutes. I felt strange walking back into an almost empty apartment. My plans to stay the weekend and work on my disseration were immediately reevaluated. I think I'll take advantage of SuperBowl Sunday to beat the traffic and head early to California.

You have to breathe out the old air to let in the new...

No comments: